Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Are you down with S-T-I?

Well, another interesting day. First off, kudos to Karen for finding the site ;-) Secondly, I spent the day at the teen sexual health clinic, and what an enlightening experience. The amount of knowledge and comfort around our bodies and our sexual health there is unbelievable, and makes me realize that I'm stuck in the past when it comes to current trends.

More importantly though, I've learned more about the emotional impact of STI's and the depression/shame/anger/frustration that surrounds them. The importance of being non-judgemental, of giving the info out in acceptable doses, and the need for follow-up counselling or referral to an excellent service such as this. Currently working on a project for my Family Medicine block, because I think it's important to not just treat the disease, but all the issues that surround it.

Finally, to add a link, I just googled "Herpes", and lo and behold, here's the number one site. Enjoy!

www.herpes.com

Cheerio,

Nicholas

2 comments:

Karen said...

*grin* yay me for finding your site! XD But boo for me taking so long to come back to it ^_^

*hugs* You holding up okay?

DOCNIC said...

Heya Karen!

Thanks for the message - don't know how long it's been since you left it! I'm holding up ok - got a little bit of the flu right now, but loving my ICU rotation...have an exam in a week and a half though, so wish me luck! We'll talk soon!

Your swing buddy ;-)